Obviously it was filmed a very long time ago, but I find this interview with ex-KGB agent and defector Yuri Bezmenov fascinating. Here he discusses Soviet efforts to demoralize America through ideological warfare. How successful would you say those efforts were?
“Only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures or psychological warfare.”
Wow. The espionage stuff is all most of us Westerners think of when we recall the Cold War.
From the perspective of the present, the predictions he made regarding the future of our nation seem exaggerated. Whatever else one can say about the welfare state, it hasn’t spelled the doom of America yet. The point of interest is how these memes injected into our system have influenced our political processes, and how they affect our capacity to act as a nation today.
The same user has uploaded additional clips from the interview which can easily be found by following the related links on Youtube.